(1)Voltage balance control
This product consists of two individual cells connected electrically in series. When in use, please be sure to control the voltage of each cell and keep capacitor voltage within operating voltage range (DMF series: 0～5.5V, DMT series:0～4.2V). Balance control is needed in order to prevent the excessive voltage (over 1/2 voltage of applied voltage) being applied to either cell. Excessive voltage of either cell may shorten the lifetime of capacitor, distort the capacitor shape or cause electrolyte leakage.
For more details, please see recommended balance condition.
This product has polarity. Please do not reverse polarity when in use. Reverse polarity may damage electrolyte or the electrode inside. Please verify the orientation of the capacitor before use in accordance with the markings of polarity on the product.
(3)Considerations for operation on AC
When using this product on AC, not only the effective voltage but also peak voltage should be within operating voltage range(0～5.5V).
(4) Limited Operating Life (Derating)
The lifetime of this product depends on temperature and voltage condition.
For more details, please refer to FAQ page:"How long is the lifetime(period)?"
(5)The capacitor package is covered by insulation layer. In some part, however, metal is exposed. Please keep this product from coming in contact with other device or circuit.
(6) The capacitor package is covered by insulation layer. In some part, however, metal is exposed. Please keep this product from coming in contact with other device or circuit.
(7) This product cannot be used under any acidic or alkaline environment.
(8) At extremely low pressure, this product may not be able to provide expected performance. If you would like to use this product at low pressure environment continuously, please consult us first.
- Cautions for soldering and assembling -
Murata's EDLC product is non reflowable due to the internal chemical system.
For mounting, please use solder iron or special connector.
For more details, please refer to the recommended soldering condition.
- Cautions for storage condition -
Please avoid storage at high temperature or high humidity. Please see our catalog or specification sheet for further details.