Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd., has developed the world's first automotive grade monolithic ceramic capacitors "GCQ series" with high Q characteristics for vehicle to X (V2X*1
) applications. Sample shipments have already commenced, and Murata will be gearing up to mass-produce the components at the first half of 2016.
*1 V2X: Vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication
V2X refers to direct communication between vehicles or between vehicles and infrastructure such as traffic lights. This technology is aimed at avoiding accidents such as collisions and realizing a more efficient transport system. It is expected to play an important role in paving the way to the realization of fully autonomous driving in the future.
DSRC IEEE 802.11p is a V2X communication standard (communication frequency: 5.9 GHz) intended mainly for use in North America and Europe, and high Q capacitors are in demand for DC filtering and RF matching in the 5.9 GHz band. Murata has developed highly reliable automotive grade high Q capacitors to meet this need.
- These high Q capacitors are AEC-Q200*2 conformable and suitable for V2X, ADAS, and other automotive communication applications.
- The self-resonance frequency of 5.9 GHz (2.2 pF model) is ideal for DC filtering under DSRC IEEE 802.11p.
- The internal electrodes are made of copper, which enables a high Q value at high frequencies and is ideal for matching applications.
*2 AEC-Q200: A reliability testing standard for automotive electronic components established by the Automotive Electronics Council.
- DC filtering in 5.9 GHz V2X applications
- RF matching in V2X applications
- RF matching in other automotive communication applications
Example of GCQ15 series 2.2 pF model
Operating temperature range: -55 to +125℃ (C0G characteristics)
Temperature characteristic: C0G
Rated voltage: 50 Vdc
Capacitance: 0.1 pF to 47 pF
0402 size: 1.0 × 0.5 mm (T = 0.5 mm)
Mass production scheduled to commerce in the first half of 2016
Murata in Brief
Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and sale of ceramic-based passive electronic components & solutions, communication modules and power supply modules. Murata is committed to the development of advanced electronic materials and leading edge, multi-functional, high-density modules. The company has employees and manufacturing facilities throughout the world. For more information, visit Murata's website at www.murata.com