- Example1: Flicker adjustment for LCD (Liquid - crystal display) -
To adjust the reference voltage (VCOM) of LCD.
With inappropriate reference voltage, there will be flicker on LCD screen.
Use trimmer Potentiometers to adjust reference voltage for flicker restraining.
- Example2: Gain adjustment for Blu-ray, DVD, CD disc reading optical pick - up. -
|LCD has some flickers if the voltage is not suitable for LCD.
|You can reduce the flickers when you adjust the voltage by using trimmer potentiometer.
As record media Blu-ray, DVD and CD etc. usually be used, and we use optical pick - up for the data reading and writing from disc. In an optical pick - up, there is a light - sensitive element to detect reflected light from disc.
And a trimmer potentiometer is used to adjust the sensitivity of this light - sensitive element.
- Example3: Sensitivity adjustment for sensor products. -
Circuit example Playback system device (ex, DVD, CD, playback)
There are all kinds of sensors around our life.
- Lights turn on automatically when human be detected.
- Smoke detector for fire preventing.
- Parking assist system for distance from car to wall.
- Product detection sensor in factory.
For these sensors, trimmer Potentiometers are used for suitable sensitivity.