Murata’s Mid-term Business Plan
Murata has prepared the “Mid-Term Direction” that includes actions to be taken over a three-year period for achievingthe long-term vision and sustainable growth. The Mid-Term Direction is reflected in the Mid-term Policy of each department,which works as a basis for the Annual Policy. In October 2018, we issued the “Mid-term Direction 2021” as anaction policy for the next three years (fiscals 2019-2021).
Murata’s policy management system
Long-term vision (Vision2025)
Where Murata wants to be in 2025
Innovation driven by CS/ES
ALL Murata employees collaboratewith one another, innovate, andcreate new value.
Global No.1 Component & Module Supplier
Murata aims to become the firstchoice supplier in the target segments of each business while expanding the nature of value provision from parts to solutions.
Foundational markets, Challenging markets, Next New markets
Acquire and enhance core competencies, and achieve the following:
- Automotive as a foundational market following Communication market, as a pillar of profit.
- Continue to challenge in Energy and Medical/Healthcare markets.
- Explore promising NEXT NEW markets.
Mid-term Direction 2021 (fiscals 2019 to 2021)
Murata has rapidly expanded the scale of the company for the last several years through business expansion in the communications market and a series of M&As. Murata’s business opportunities will further grow thanks to digitization of all types of “objects.” For the next three years, we will strengthen our business and management foundation, including systems and organization, in accordance with the expanding scale of the company, and aim for healthy growth so that we can provide value that satisfies customers by seizing expanding business opportunities and allowing each and every employee feel rewarded as they continue to grow.
Murata focuses on strengthening “Business & Management Foundation” in order to seize expanding business opportunities and realize Healthy & Sustainable Growth.
3 corporate-wide issues (3 pillars) for Healthy & Sustainable Growth.
(１) Implementation of portfolio management
What we aim for
Murata’s portfolio consists of “global No.1 products” which are the first choice of customers, and Murata creates further customer value by designing or proposing combinations of individual technologies and products
- In order to respond to changes in the market environment, the key requirements are to identify promising businesses, acquire necessary management resources, and conduct optimal allocation. From a market perspective, Murata concentrates management resources into the Communication and Automotive markets.
- Murata tackles new business creation with a long-term perspective. In the Energy and Medical/Healthcare markets, Murata continues to challenge in the identified business domains.
- Murata acquires and strengthens core competencies that enable sustainable growth.
(２) Establishment of advanced supply system & exponential productivity enhancement
What we aim for
While meeting QCDS requirements to satisfy customers, Murata has achieved both exponential enhancement of capital and labor productivity and a stable supply system that responds to changes in demand.
- Murata enhances direct/indirect labor efficiency, utilizing all appropriate methods, including AI and RPA.
- Murata learns best practices from Murata internal organizations and other companies, and optimizes and horizontally expands on them.
- Murata prepares development and production structures ahead of fluctuating demand.
- Murata flexibility responds to demand fluctuation by ascertaining in a timely manner the flow of information and goods throughout the supply chain and organizations and sites.
- Autonomous overseas factories collaborate with and support one another, and we strengthen all Murata Monozukuri capabilities.
(３) Harmony among people,organization and society
What we aim for
Murata is a company trusted by society and one that responds to changing business opportunities through an evolving structure of work and organization in accordance with growth of each and every employee and business.
- Murata make the company attractive to employees in order to support growth, and strengthens its organization to accommodate growth.
- Murata renovates its organizational culture and business process to enable engendering of “trust and respect.”
- Murata complies with regulations and laws. In addition, Murata operates its businesses in harmony with society.