- The capacitors shall be protected against excessive temperature, humidity and mechanical force during transportation.
(1) Climatic condition
・low air temperature: -40°C
・change of temperature air/air: -25°C/+25°C
・low air pressure: 30kPa
・change of air pressure: 6kPa/min.
(2) Mechanical condition
Transportation shall be done in such a way that the boxes are not deformed and forces are not directly passed on to the inner packaging.
- Do not apply excessive vibration, shock, and pressure to the capacitor.
(1) When excessive mechanical shock or pressure is applied to a capacitor, chipping or cracking may occur in the ceramic body of the capacitor.
(2) When the sharp edge of an air driver, a soldering iron, tweezers, a chassis, etc. impacts strongly on the surface of the capacitor, the capacitor may crack and short-circuit.
- Do not use a capacitor to which excessive shock was applied by dropping, etc.
A capacitor dropped accidentally during processing may be damaged.
Please check below for another Caution and Notice.
Caution/Notice MLCC for automotive (PDF)
・Are there any concerns of cracking due to low temperatures?
・When cracks occur in a chip multilayer ceramic capacitor, what mechanism causes the capacitor to fail?