Utilization of leaded components that combine devices
To conserve more space and reduce the number of components:
Murata provides small-sized leaded EMI suppression filters that combine chip capacitors and chip varistors.
- Select components that incorporate the functions of capacitors and varistors. (The varistors and capacitors can be combined in any way.)
- By having one component do the job of two, space will be conserved, and the costs involved in component mounting and control will be reduced.
By incorporating the functions of capacitors and varistors into a single component, it becomes possible to implement both noise countermeasures and surge countermeasures at the same time.
By using Murata’s “technology for attaching lead wires to chip components,” it became possible not only to combine multiple devices into a single component but also to attach lead wires.
Use of the VFC series, which combines these chip capacitors and chip varistors, makes it possible to implement both noise countermeasures and surge countermeasures together using a single leaded component.
Selection of combinations of capacitor capacitances and varistor voltages possible
To conserve more space and reduce the component mounting costs and component control costs:
Compared with mounting capacitors and varistors to respectively implement noise countermeasures and surge countermeasures, use of the VFC series reduces the mounting footprints and conserves space. The resulting reduction in the number of components used also translates into reductions in the mounting costs and component control costs. Since small-sized chip components are used for the devices, the sizes of the components themselves are also small.
These are leaded components so they are also less susceptible to noise and deflection.
"When a ripple voltage is applied to a chip multilayer ceramic capacitor, noise may be produced and cracks may form due to deflection of the circuit board. However, leaded components are less susceptible to noise and more resistant to cracking.
By directly mounting the chips using their lead wires, they can be mounted without using circuit boards. Stable supplies can also be assured.
Small Lead Type EMIFIL® with varistor function that combine chip capacitors and chip varistors (EMIGUARD®)
- - Lead-free (LF) and halogen-free (HF)
- - Suitable for absorbing surge voltages: High resistance to surges (200A)
- - Small sizes and high capacitance (1µF)
- - Compliance with AEC-Q200 standard (* deviations in some cases)
- - Series rating
- VFC series: 125℃ guarantee (components with a 150°C guarantee are now under development)
- - Application examples:
- Circuit protection and noise countermeasure applications in motors for automobiles, relays for automobiles, factory automation equipment, gaming machines, etc.